Early this morning at around 8:00 we were on our way to the Feast for a mass and a talk where the speaker was Bo Sanchez. I was in the car seated at the back seat. My sister was driving and seated at the shotgun was my mom. We were free of thinking any house chores and work related-activities. For me it was a perfect sunny Sunday morning. We prepared our hearts on our way by sharing our short personal prayers. While seated at the backseat of the car, I was thanking God for the blessings He has given our family. I thanked Him for providing us the car, the gas and even the fastened seatbelts that we were using. I thanked Him for so many things. I also thanked Him for making us able to finish all the things that we needed to do for the week by Saturday, and making Sunday a day dedicated for Him. That short moment remained in my mind right now as the day is ending. It was simple and short story of my life but I really felt His presence filled our hearts because I felt calmness in my heart. This night was really a good time to reflect. He has provided a lot of things in my life that I cannot count of. And so I reflected on the Gospel for today which was taken from the book of Saint John 9: 1-41. In the Gospel, it was written that He was able to heal a blind man and made him restore his sight. The focus of the Gospel was not about healing the blind man’s physical blindness, but rather it was about God explaining that He alone is the Light which brings more than physical sight. Many times we reject accepting the Light God has given us. We refuse to accept and do not believe of His blessings and His love. We tend to have an ungrateful heart that brings loneliness and sadness in our hearts. I really believe that when you accept God as the light you are able to see His blessings and have a peaceful heart. A heart free from worries.Thank you, Lord, for filling our hearts today. Thank you for planning this day for our family to reflect and examine the words you have spoken to us. Thank you for continuously being the light to our family. Jesus Christ, You are my light and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment