Monday, May 28, 2007

Breaking Things

During our last Action Group, we did a small activity about the gift of prophesy. We discussed about its meaning, means to acquire it and strengthening it if we already have it.

Doms, Eric and I created a personal evaluation and shared it with each other.We have agreed that the gift of prophecy is a fruit of our prayer time and scriptural readings. But sometimes if not most of the time we fall into not doing it.

Doms suggested that we create a schedule like TTHS (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday) or MWF (Mondays, Wednesday and Friday) instead of having to do it on a daily basis if we really experience difficulty doing it.

He also told us, that it is important still to pray everyday because it is as if telling God to take the back seat and us to take over the driver seat for that particular day.From habit comes our attitude and from our attitude comes our character.

Habits such as these create our attitude and from our attitude we build our character.On the contrary, small negative habits also have an effect to our character for from these small flaws emanates the bigger problems in life that we may find our self difficult to get away from.From this activity I realized that I am still trap within my attitude of all or nothing thinking. Whether I will accomplish everything or I will not do it at all. It is a question of choice after all.

Choosing to do what is not good even if I know of the danger of falling into a bigger problem just because I was not able to completely accomplish it. Or choosing to do it still and be kind to forgive and forget those moments when I fail to accomplish it.A giant leap in life is a by product of small preparations - small leaps to the unknown which builds our courage to face the giant leap ahead of us.

Breaking things down and being able to live my talk is all that matters now. It is doing not because I am forced but a product of love to what I am doing. This brings forth commitment which comes naturally from my free will.

- Yel

No comments: