Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Failing Forward
I sometimes get frustrated with the setbacks or failures that I am facing lately. I get burn out and sometimes just feel disappointed because what I entered into or decided to enter into failed to materialize.
Fire refines gold. In the same way does setbacks and failures work in our lives. Maybe this is what life is. It is a question of knowing how to become a better person despite the setbacks that we experience. Setbacks can either destroy us or build us into a better and more equipped person to handle even more difficult situations.
I realized that there are matters that are totally out of my hands and also things that I can do something yet choose to do nothing.
Success means two things. Success is the achievement of something not necessarily material things. It is also the adding of value of a person through the wisdom he acquires because of the lessons learned from his failure. Success in both positive and negative things. Failure can become a success if we choose to use it as a learning tool to further improve ourselves. It can also be our chain that will enslave us.
My professor in MBA told us that it is not the grades that we should be striving about. Never mind the grade but more important than the grade is what you learn and things that you can really apply in the real world. Theoretical learning are useless if you can't connect it to the real world. Learn to be practical and adjust your sails.
yel
Fire refines gold. In the same way does setbacks and failures work in our lives. Maybe this is what life is. It is a question of knowing how to become a better person despite the setbacks that we experience. Setbacks can either destroy us or build us into a better and more equipped person to handle even more difficult situations.
I realized that there are matters that are totally out of my hands and also things that I can do something yet choose to do nothing.
Success means two things. Success is the achievement of something not necessarily material things. It is also the adding of value of a person through the wisdom he acquires because of the lessons learned from his failure. Success in both positive and negative things. Failure can become a success if we choose to use it as a learning tool to further improve ourselves. It can also be our chain that will enslave us.
My professor in MBA told us that it is not the grades that we should be striving about. Never mind the grade but more important than the grade is what you learn and things that you can really apply in the real world. Theoretical learning are useless if you can't connect it to the real world. Learn to be practical and adjust your sails.
yel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment